The "Arctic Gladiators" aerial demonstration team was formed in June 1954 right after the USAF 720th Fighter Bomber Squadron was reassigned to Eilson AFB in Alaska. As the team was a part of 720th Fighter Bomber Squadron, they flew four F-86F Sabres painted in standard squadron's colors of silver and red. The team's demonstrations were limited to just the state of Alaska.
The "Arctic Gladiators" pilots were: Lt. Col. Harold Graham as leader and commander of 720th FBS, Capt. Robert Ross as left wing, Capt. Lewis Lynch as right wing and Capt. Thomas B. Stables as the slot. The squadron's Supply Officer was Capt. Bill Patillo, who was member of both the "Skyblazers" and "Thunderbirds", although he never flew with this team.
On August 8, 1955, the 720th FBS was re-designated as the 455th Fighter Bomber Squadron and this change put to an end to the "Arctic Gladiators" aerobatic team.