The West German Luftwaffe decided to form an aerobatic team in late 1959. Ironically the team was to be based around four British flying instructors detached to the German Flying School "A" (FFS "A" for FlugzeugFuhrerSchule A) at Landsberg. Under the leadership of Sqn. Ldr. Raymond Hoggarth, the team began its training program in April 1960 with four CM-170R Fouga Magister jet trainers. As mentioned, the other team positions were also flown by British pilots. The team was unofficially christened the "FFS "A" Acro Team" (some sources list their name as the "Magisters" but this is incorrect).
Their first team demonstration was on 24 April 1960 at Reutlingen followed by further displays at Kempten and Landsberg.
Originally the team's Fouga Magisters did not have any special color scheme, but in 1961 they finally received a special color scheme in which the colours of the German flag were painted on the stabilizers.
At the beginning of 1961, although Hoggarth remained as the team leader, German pilots were recruited for the remainder of the team. They performed on 18 July 1961 in Alhorn and then at the German Navy Day on 27 August in Jagel. The team's most prominent display was in September when they took a part in 5th anniversary celebrations for the West German Air Force at Furstenfeldbruck airbase.
The team performed its final display on 27 May 1962 at Offenburg before being disbanded.