Zelazny Aerobatic Group
Zalazny is the Poland civil aerobatic display team. Team's members preferred to call themselves Zelazny Aerobatic Group.
Currently, the team performs in the airshows in 3 ship formation (either 2x Zlin Z-50LS – #6 and #7 - and 1 Zlin Z-50LA – #5, or 2 Zlin Z-50LS and 1 Extra-330LC – #8). Since 2012, Zelazny Aerobatic Group added Jerzy "Jerry" Makula, who fly MDM Solo Fox glider painted in inversed Zelazny colours (red instead of white and vice-versa) with number 10 on tail.
The team also demonstrates solo aerobatics, usually on Zlin Z-50LS or Extra-330LC.
Together with the "airshow business", the team is also very active in many other aspects of aviation, such as:
- Pilot basic and advanced training - "Zelazny 6" training center.
- Training pilots in higher, advanced and unlimited aerobatics.
- Participating in the "Always Safe" safe flying courses in Poland (training pilots in conduct in dangerous situations and returning the plane from unusual positions to horizontal flight).
The Zelazny aircrafts:
- 2 Zlin Z-50LA – #4 used for formation aerobatic and #5 - currently not used in airshows and near to retire as the airframe is very close to reaching it's aerobatic flight hours limit.
- 2 Zlin Z-50LS – #6 and #7, used for solo and formation aerobatic, also hired by non-members of the team for training and participation in multiple aerobatic championships.
- 1 Extra 330LC – #8, used for solo and formation aerobatic, pilot training in advanced and unlimited aerobatics, also hired by non-members of the team for training and participation in multiple aerobatic championships.
- 1 Zlin Z-526AFS – #3, used for solo aerobatics when other planes of the team are unavailable (such as in 2008).
- 1. Zlin Z-526F – #9, used for pilot training in higher aerobatics and Safe Flying events, currently not used in airshows (or used only in static display).
- 1. MDM Solo Fox glider.