The "Guardian Angels" demonstration team was formed in 1952 from the pilots of 104th Fighter Squadron from the Maryland Air National Guard. The team was composed of leader Capt. John F. R. Scott Jr, right wing 1st Lt. William Marriott, left wing 1st Lt. Malcolm Henry and slot Capt. Jesse D. Mitchell Jr. The idea for the team belonged to Capt. Scott.
The "Guardian Angels" flew four F-51H Mustang aircraft and performed only a few times before being disbanded at the end of 1953.